Tapping laminate together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been putting laminate down for a few years now you know how it is starts at home then it's relative then friends etc etc. Yesterday though I told a mate that it would be quite a while before I could lay his floor so he decided to give it a go himself. I gave him a number of pointers and then thought maybe this one isn't a good one just maybe I've got away with it up till now. I told him not to bother buying the tool used to tap the boards into place I just use an old off cut of the same flooring. Like I said have I just been lucky not to damage the boards or is this an ok practice ?

Sponsored Links
yeh its an ok practice but someone who is not good at aiming hammers might miss the thin edge of the waste laminate and then the hammer might hit his hand the cost of the block is not much to avoid but hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back