taps not working?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys
Have installed 2 X wall mounted ceramic disc taps as per this url:
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/0000-376?eid=0013-000004

I have commisioned and cannot get any water flow out of the taps. I have loosened the compression nuts on the mixer valve that serves the spout & have water flow. Also undone the main body of the valve & again water is getting through. Have checked that the filter at the end of the tap spout is clear. Also piped correctly to the H/C inlets. The specifications advise min pressure of 0.2 bar. I have a Baxi Maxflow WM boiler Min DHW operating pressure 0.1bar & max Max DHW system pressure 8 bar with a flow rate of up to 16Litres per minute, so good pressure from the hot and the cold is served off the main, again reasonable mains pressure. Surely I have more than 0.2 bar? I'm bemused, could understand if it was 1 tap but the fact I have installed 2 side by side just makes me wonder maybe not a manufacturing fault & maybe I am missing something obvious? :?:

Sponsored Links
Bygravey said:
The specifications advise min pressure of 0.2 bar.
At that URL you've given it states "Recommended pressure required 0.5 bar or above".

If you have a combi then it's likely that your pressure is above this, depending how tortuous your pipework is.

If you isolate the supply to the valve and remove the cartridge, then get an assistant to turn on, do you get a jet of water in yer face?

If so then this implies that the cartridge is faulty. If not then are there any check valves on the tap inlets? Could they be fitted the wrong way around?

A silly-sounding question now: have you connected the spout to the valve?

Thanks - yeah do have 2 single feeds that then go on to a shower I am planing to install with push on blanks and I do get an unwanted shower if I start to tease them off. No there is no check valves as getting water through to the main body of the valve anyway.
Although the recommended pressure is 0.5 bar the product specification tab advises min pressure 0.2 bar hence my thinking the pressure must be OK.
So could be faulty valves just thinking unless they had a batch fault seems coincidental.
and of course were a b####### to install as very fiddly. Typical :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back