Taps/Shower in bathroom hot for about 30seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Long story cut short (not very short actually):

For about a week the taps and shower in my bathroom have only been producing hot water for about 30s then just go tepid/slightly warm. The radiators and taps in the kitchen are fine though...

I think the boiler is a combi type (usually can get hot water at any time..) and all the lights on the boiler seem to be working fine... pressure also ok.

Anyway, interestingly, a few days before this Scottish Gas were working in the flat above mine (I live on ground floor of 4 storey tenement) and left a tap not tightened up... so a tap dripped for four days and buggared my kitchen roof. (They accept liability.)

So when talking to the lady above about insurance claims etc she mentioned that Scottish Gas had been working on her flat because here taps were producing roasting water, but the radiators were cold.

Apparently the first engineer said they would have to do a "power flush" at a cost of £800, but when they returned to do this it wasn't necessary and the problem was solved pretty quickly. (Cost £250)

This was fixed, (but my kitchen roof nearly caves in four days later,) and the problem with the taps/shower in my bathroom appears...

Is this just coincidence?

I have no idea if in tenements the plumbing is at all linked between flats...?

Any help appreciated as I literally have no idea

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back