Taps sound like toilet flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I have noticed that when I turn on taps in kitchen sink or bathroom basin I hear the same sound as I do when the toilet flushes. I don't have a clue about any of this stuff but have noticed this change. Could anyone advise please, thank you

Sponsored Links
Is it the sound of the water leaving the toilet or do you mean you get a strange noise when you flush or run a tap

When I have flushed, it has always made a sound of water going through the pipes (it sounds like) but recently I hear the same noise when I turn on a tap both in bathroom and kitchen

When you turn on an hot tap? Likely the tank in the loft refilling, to replace the hot water you have drawn off..

Sponsored Links
Have you got a combi or tanks in the loft?
Either way go to the toilet and look at the inlet valve(ballcock) and tap it down so a little bit of water enters the toilet and see if it makes the noise.
Just tap it so it opens and closes quickly

I just had a look and there isn't a ballcock or the thing I expected there is a wire from the flush button to something that says flush mater? Sorry

Fluid master is what it says that’s the syphon. There’s 1 more piece in the toilet that lets the water in

Can you be more specific? The sound of the water entering the toilet tank? The water being emptied from the tank? The water entering the bowl? Just a rushing sound altogether?

When I let a little water into the toilet it makes the same noise as when the taps are turned on

Sorry I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself properly, the noise from the toilet has always been there when flushed I think it's normal? But the new noise in question is sometimes when I turn on the cold tap in either kitchen or bathroom it sounds like the toilet flushing

It’s water hammer more than likely caused by a ball cock in toilet or tank in loft. If not you need a plumber as could be anything on the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back