Tapworks AD11 Water softner Blank faceplate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,
i have a tapworks water softner which was installed late 2019. it has worked brilliantly so far. however yesterday i went to check if i needed to add more salt. i found the faceplace competely blank. i thought how odd. it always had the time on there. i pressed a few buttons but nothing. i unplugged and replugged it but nothing comes up on faceplate. i know the power source is working fine as i tested it and also my washing machine is on same extension 4 way.

is there anything i can do at all to check if its still working apart from the obvious which is to wait to see if my chrome taps all start to look nasty with hard water spots.
i cant really see the back of the unit because of the way its been installed. getting it out will be a nightmare actually.:cry:

thank you all

Sponsored Links
I have a tapworks NSC11Pro

My userguide says:

PROBLEM: Electronic faceplate
1. Is the faceplate blank? 1. Check the power is turned on and all
connections are secure.
2. Is the display stuck on one function? 2. Turn the power off for ten seconds and
then switch back on.
3. Does an error code appear,
e.g. ‘ERR 03’?
3. Check all connections are secure.
Turn the power off for ten seconds
and then switch back on.

Also

POWER CUTS
If the electrical power to the water softener is
interrupted, the time display will be blank but the
‘memory’ built into the electronics will keep the
correct time for up to 48 hours.
The water softener will not recharge but will pass
softened water. In the case of a power cut your
demand for water will be less as most appliances
will not work, so a recharge should not be
necessary. When electrical power is returned, one
of two things will happen:
1 Power off up to 48 hours
The display returns and is steady, no operation
is necessary.
2 Power off over 48 hours
The display returns and fl ashes, only the time
requires re-setting. The hardness and recharge
time will not have been lost as they are stored.
Even if the time is incorrect the water softener
will continue to work but will recharge at what
it believes the time to be.
RE-SETTING THE TIME
Re-set the time as described in the programming
section (see page 11).

Thanks for the reply. Problem is with nothing on the display, not much I can do. I guess I will have to wait and see if I get hard water then I need to start digging thing out of the way ‍♂️ washing machine out etc to get to the back. It will be painful

Thank you though

have you tried callling tapworks and asking? Not for an (expensove) engineer visit but for advice?

Sponsored Links
Hi mate, it’s resolved today. I called tapworks a few days ago. They said parts are guaranteed for 7 years and they suspect it’s the transformer. They me me one for free which I managed to fit and bingo, all good and working. My main problem was getting access to fit it but got there in the end after cutting some panels out

Thanks for the advice. Appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back