Water2Buy vs Tapworks vs BWT Water softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Our 10 year old Monarch water softener has not been softening the water for some time. I was disappointed to find that they are a sealed unit and there isn't a way to replace the resin and it is just a case of throwing it away and buying a new one!
I did try putting SoftTec Resin Cleaner through but that made 0 difference to the water hardness.

Looking on various forums, people seem to suggest that there isn't really an advantage buying the far more expensive softeners cost more than £1000 and Water2Buy and Tapworks seem to be mentioned a lot. I do remember at one time coming across a website which compared running costs for various brands, but can't find it now.

There are only the two of us in our household and I would say we use less than average water for two people, therefore I'd like a model that is metered, rather than one that just regenerates on a timer.

Does anyone have a view on Water2Buy, vs Tapworks vs BWT. Can you use tablet salt in all three rather than block?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
My advice is don’t buy cheap and buy a decent water softener. I have just replaced a 28 year old Waterside mains powered softener with a Harvey M3 Minimax and it’s great. It is a mains powered metered unit.

Last edited:
I live/work in a area that has water that is described as aggressively hard.
Regularly fit water softeners we use East Midlands Water Company really good range of softeners.
They are happy to advise on your requirements.
We normally use there own branded ones have quite a number fitted never had a problem.
They use tablet salt we pay around £9.50p for 25kg bag

My advice is don’t buy cheap and buy a decent water softener. I have just replaced a 28 year old Waterside mains powered softener with a Harvey M3 Minimax and it’s great. It is a mains powered metered unit.
What do you actually get with the £1500 Harvey over say A Tapworks NSC11 Pro for £575. I know the more expensive ones are often twin tank, so that you can still use softened water whilst it's regenerating, but as you just set the regeration time to say 2am, I don't see the advantage. People do talk of having the Tapworks one merrily for 10 years with no issues and many people recommend them.

Sponsored Links
Only 17litres of water and 300g of salt are used for regeneration, regeneration only takes 10 minutes and the softener still provides soft water during regeneration, the regeneration is based on water usage rather than at set times, the Minimax comes with a 10 year guarantee, the Minimax is designed and manufactured in the UK. I had my Minimax installed a couple of months ago, is cost just £1300 and came with 6 months of salt blocks and included installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back