Tarmac drive refresh!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've spent most of the year renovating a house and now I am turning my attention to what do with the driveway.

It is currently a tarmac drive with 2 elevations and while it is generally in good condition (good, solid foundation, completely intact), it has some areas of patchwork.

It would be a shame to have to take up and re-do the entire drive so what would you guys suggest to make it look more presentable? Also, there are 2 man hole covers in the drive - while these obviously require access, are there any tips and tricks for disguising them?

Ive read about Thompsons Drive Seal. I expect it would do a good job in reviving the good bits of the drive, but would it cover the patchwork area to make the whole drive look uniform?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
you can get a new lick of colour put on it. i have seen them done and it looks good and lasts ok. Not sure what it is

Not sure if you have already sorted your driveway ? I used a product from Resiblock called Resimac, it went down as a once coat application in August. Really pleased with the appearance and finish, excellent product.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if you have already sorted your driveway ? I used a product from Resiblock called Resimac, it went down as a once coat application in August. Really pleased with the appearance and finish, excellent product.
Same stuff as in link above.

I know the playground at our local school (mum is a governer) got a 'slurry seal' done over the playground which was largly sound but had a few patchs an holes etc. I have since seen simular done down pavements by the council contactors, filling in larger cracks/holes beforehand.

Dont know much about it (google?) but it appears to be a sort of black bituminous paint with fine grit in it which they pour/paint/brush on in a sort of 'fix it up and get another 6-8 years out of it sort of job.

Daniel

Thanks for the comments guys.

Moving in to the house in a little under 2 weeks and I think illngo down the paint/seal route, gotta sort out the patio and garage too...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back