TDDi stand for

R

ringy1

i just bought a second hand ford focus LX 1.8 diesel estate, on the boot of the car there are the letters TDDi. Can anyone tell me what these letters stand for? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Turbo Diesel Direct Injection.

that means it's common rail, as opposed to metering pump.

Do you know what theses cars are like for fuel consumption i hear they are pretty good. i wouldnt know a hole lot about cars and thanks for the previous reply :)

Sponsored Links
Do you know what theses cars are like for fuel consumption i hear they are pretty good. i wouldnt know a hole lot about cars and thanks for the previous reply :)
No problem, there is a thanks button, top right hand corner you can press. :LOL: :LOL:

Turbo Diesel Direct Injection I think is correct its just it does not use common rail. The TDCI (Turbo Diesel Common rail direct injection) Ford engines use common rail.

Both engines have the pro's and con's. TDDI is a bit sluggish, the TDCI is quick. I think the TDDI engine uses a solid flywheel where as the TDCI engine uses a dual mass flywheel which is not cheap to replace! Not sure about the TDCI but the TDDI engines seem to cope well with high miles on the clock.

Sponsored Links
Back