Head lights

R

ringy1

Hi i have a ford focus LX 1.8 diesel estate in this car you can adjust the head lights up or down by scrolling a switch in the car the switch goes from 0 to 4, can anyone tell me the recommended setting to have it at? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Set the dial at '0' for normal use - and for MOT testing. You can then adjust the lamps as you need for weight of loads. John :)

Ah rite its set at the lowest setting for normal use and the more load ya have in the car you can adjust it up higher thanks john :D

Not necessaraly, in normal driving set it so that your lights on dip are far enough ahead for you to be able to see but not high enough that they shine in the back of the car in front.

For MOT Yes. the lowest setting will satify the tester but the adjustment is mainly for when you have weight in the back of the car so that your lights don't blind people coming the other way.

Sponsored Links
Not necessaraly, in normal driving set it so that your lights on dip are far enough ahead for you to be able to see but not high enough that they shine in the back of the car in front.
That should never happen though, should it? IMO on the highest setting, it should still be low enough so that you aren't blinding people, and should pass the MOT. It only needs to be adjusted down when you have load in the back. Mine is left on the highest setting, but I have a Citroen so the headlight pattern is perfectly symmetrical - none of this shining up at the left business. :cool:

But how many MOT testers actually test headlights? I see so many faulty headlights, I am dubious about this.

There are obviously a lot of people you see on the roads that don't know that. :(

But how many MOT testers actually test headlights? I see so many faulty headlights, I am dubious about this.

Mine did, I was watching him do it, he even changed it from 3 to 0 (I forgot after towing the caravan)

in my car the manual says 0- Driver only or driver and front passenger
- - 3 People
1- Driver and 4 passengers
2- Driver 4 passengers and Full Load
3- Driver and full load (seats down)

Mine did, I was watching him do it, he even changed it from 3 to 0 (I forgot after towing the caravan)

in my car the manual says 0- Driver only or driver and front passenger
- - 3 People
1- Driver and 4 passengers
2- Driver 4 passengers and Full Load
3- Driver and full load (seats down)

:eek:

a proper mot..!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back