DOORS LOCKING AND UNLOCKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI MY NAME IS ALAN I DRIVE FORD MONDEO ESTATE CAR, WHILST DRIVING THE CAR, THE DOORS ARE INERMITENTLY LOCKING AND UNLOCKING, CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE, MANY THANKS ,DRYSTONE

Sponsored Links
I sometimes have the same problem with one of my old fords Alan. I will also be interested in the answer. It tends to last for about 30 seconds.

Lou.

Have a look at each individual locking motor on the doors. If they sieze they they tend to give out signals to either relock or re-open, its very common fault on Fords.

Also...it has been known for mobiles and large radio beacons to set the CL system off

I would go with the locks themselves though, try the drivers door solenoid too

Have a look at each individual locking motor on the doors. If they sieze they they tend to give out signals to either relock or re-open, its very common fault on Fords.

Also...it has been known for mobiles and large radio beacons to set the CL system off

Sorry Snico, I am not sure what you are suggesting to do with the locks / solenoids.

Thanks

Lou.

Lou.

Sponsored Links

Sorry Snico, I am not sure what you are suggesting to do with the locks / solenoids.

Thanks

Lou.

Lou.

Over time the locking mechanisms can come loose, warp etc. Its usually down to a loose connection. When central locking is applied, one lock will be less responsive, so when the system detects that a lock is not engaged, it reopens them again, and vice versa

Remove the door cards, starting with the drivers door, check the connections and general condition of the locks, use some WD40 in the mechanics of the lock. Do all 4 doors and they should start to work again....hopefully.

You can sit inside and lock the doors and see if a door is less responsive than the rest

I had this same problem for months on a Rover 820, also the alarm would go off sometimes when locking the door. It was the very devil to track the fault down. Finally had to look for the fault when opening the door caused the alarm to go off every single time.

Turned out to be a tiny microswitch in the the drivers door lock actuator.

Once I got it out and took a look, the actuator used 2 microswitches as limit switches. One had an intermittent contact and was replaced. Since then, no further problems. Hope this helps someone.

HI EVERYONE RE DOORS LOCKING AND UNLOCKING THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP ALL THE DOOR LOCKS WERE o/K THE PROBLEM WAS WITH THE SOLIDNOID SWICH ON THE PASSENGER SIDE MANY THANKS DRYSTONE.

Sponsored Links
Back