New (Used) car purchase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I must buy another car and have a choice between the following

Nissan Note 1.6 16v Acenta Hatchback 2008
Nissan Note 1.6 16v SE Hatchback 2008
Ford Focus 1.8 125 Style Hatchback 2008

As a newcomer I am not sure this is the right place but if anyone can give me their good and bad experiences of these cars I would be extremely grateful

Regards

Sponsored Links
'Er indoors has a Nissan Note, but its the diesel rather than petrol.
Its claimed to be a small people carrier really and it does that well - it has a double depth boot and a rear seat that slides forward and back. Good visibility and plenty of headroom.
Its fairly narrow inside but overall its a good 'un and she'll have another.
The Focus is a good family hatch too - a much bigger car, its well equipped and good value for money second hand.
Test drive them both - and bring the family along if thats a deciding factor.
John :)

I'd go for the Nissan over the Ford, but don't know the spec supplied, most seem to be ex mobility cars..around £6,500? Check for wee damage etc...urgh

Sponsored Links
Nissans are renowned for their reliability. My parents have a 1998 primera, and it just seems to go and go without any servicing. Fords are also a pretty reliable car. they never used to be (There used to be a saying abouts FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily) but they have changed for the better.

Build quality is good in both, although the ford feels more comfy and isn't quite as plastic'y.

Nissans are renowned for their reliability. My parents have a 1998 primera, and it just seems to go and go without any servicing. Fords are also a pretty reliable car. they never used to be (There used to be a saying abouts FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily) but they have changed for the better.

Build quality is good in both, although the ford feels more comfy and isn't quite as plastic'y.

I agree with what you say about Ford, and forgot to mention it in my post. Ford is OK, but servicing/reliability lets them down. I've had many over the years, bad dealers. My parents currently have 3 Nissans, Note, Almera, and Sunny, all rust free and reliable, I have a Celica, stored, never broke down. EVERY Ford I've ever had has broken down, and had bad service at the dealers. One was repaired for that long, that the battery went flat, in their yard, while it was undergoing a gearbox repair, and they wanted to charge me for the radio code, and it turns out that one of their employees, in this secure yard had nicked the aerial ! The first time I braked, a box of loose nuts and bolts left over from the 'repair' spilled out all over the floor...

I think a lot of what I state, goes above your head, Looprevil, that you simply don't understand, or your childish, playground antics, making acronyms from car names? It really is childish.

I go off my personal experience of the vehicles, driving them testing them; you? Choo Choo, the car goes by....

Do you know what an acronym is mickey? It is actually about shortening words, not extending them !! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back