Technical's daft suggestion's ?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to see if anyone has come across this before,I work for D&G insurance covering a area about 50 miles radius,i know im not the only one in this area,but i get enough calls from them to fill in any slack weeks,and around now i need to get lads in to do the installations as im jam-packed with breakdown's.

I was called to this old potterton boiler.The fault was pilot going out after reaching temp or pilot not lighting at all ,it had new gas valve,t/coupler,pilot assembley and pump etc,I went because another lad who does D&G work asked me to go and if i fixed it he would cover me for a day over xmas.

I went and it was late,7.15 pm and i rang technical and a old fella answered and when i told him he said"easy,blob of fire cement,reach around the right side,5 "-8" down,spread it around thjere".I laughed and he waited while i did it and it worked perfect.

I told the other lad and he thinks im kidding him,but has anyone else had any daft ideas that turned out to be great answers.

Sponsored Links
I once had a problem restarting the timer unit after draining a combi boiler. ( can't remember what make it was now ) Whatever I did it just would not re-set. I rang the technical helpline and the woman at the end of the phone asked what the model was and what it looked like. After explaining it to her she told me to hit the unit hard with a screwdriver on the top edge. Hey Presto! it worked. How technical is that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back