Technika LCD 19-408 DVD problem

Reaction score
Country
United States
The dvd unit on this TV has failed, brought originally from Tesco.

It is out of warranty so called Skymedia (who have a monopoly on repairing Tesco sold equipment), to ask whether I could get a spare part.

Very rudely told that they don't supply parts and I would have to pay them to fit it. Have searched online for the part but no one seems to have them in stock (other than maybe a place in the USA).

So anyone know where I can get a working (!) DL-08HA-SA-033 dvd unit from?

Thanks.

W.

Sponsored Links
Tried Ebay but no luck.

I brought what I thought was a brand name, wasn't until I had problems I found it was assembled for Tesco.

Tesco are sending a claim form - its just under 2 years old, but rather just spend £20 and 1/2 hr putting new unit in and get on with using it.

W.

I brought what I thought was a brand name,
I don't follow "brought". Where did you bring it from and what's the relevance?

wasn't until I had problems I found it was assembled for Tesco.
Yes, Technika is a Tesco brand name. Did you think it was a manufacturer such as Panasonic, Sharp or Samsung? You would generally pay more for those.

Similarly "Watson" is a brand name used by Makro and Alba/Bush/Ferguson are also cheapo "badges". I think they are currently manufactured in Taiwan or China.

Frankly, there isn't much that isn't made in China, Taiwan or Turkey nowadays because labour charges elsewhere are higher.

Sponsored Links
I'm so sorry - I BOUGHT it - and no, I did not know Technika was a Tesco brand.

It was similarly priced to the other brands on sale at the time but I chose the one that I happened to like and provided the functions I needed at the time and at a reasonable price.

I guess that you are not going to provide any useful help but just criticise my choice and my spelling?

W.

I guess that you are not going to provide any useful help
I've already provided the link to the guardian article and explained about your rights under the S.O.G. act. Would you like me to confirm what you already know - that no spare parts are available? How much more help do you expect?
Here's an interesting take:
http://www.satcure.co.uk/reviews/satcure_blog_165.htm#built[/QUOTE]

So anyone know where I can get a working (!) DL-08HA-SA-033 dvd unit from?

W.

An update:

Tesco going to replace or replace free of charge, well cost of a stamp to return their claim form.

W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back