Technology At It's Best

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This video was made by the bad guys.

The cameraman is filming his friend as he praises Allah and launches mortar shots at American troops. Little does he know that new mortar shell tracking technology can track the trajectory of a hostile round and fire a retaliatory shot to precisely the spot from which the hostile shell was fired.

This only requires the hostile mortar to fire 2 to 3 rounds. Count the number of mortar rounds the masked insurgent fires in the video. See how well it works.

Isn't technology wonderful? SO SATISFYING I HAD TO WATCH IT A FEW TIMES!!

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/whitespirit66/?action=view&current=Oops.flv

Sponsored Links
rofl5.gif

Crikey.
Is this tracking technology or a duff round?

Sponsored Links
Duff round I reckon.

Inbound mortar shells can be tracked, but it takes longer than that to bring counter battery fire to bear.

Still, job done all the same.

you hear no whistle of the incoming round.. it's a round detonating in the tube.. firing them too fast.. you have to fire slower to let the tube cool or pee on it like they do in the movies..

But surely Allah protects those fighting the infedels .... no need to blaspheme on the weapon of holy justice?

Video has been around for a while now.

Looks like a homemade tube, so no incoming. Probably got the spec off Screwfix forum. :LOL:

Looks like a wind-up to me! 'positive propaganda' if there is such a phrase!

Sponsored Links
Back