Tee shaped worktop joint.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice from you experienced lot.

I'm in the planning stages of my kitchen layout. I'd like a T shape in the worktop, to maximise the use of space. I just can't decide on how i'd join it. Obviously, the corner can be done using a standard joint with a jig. But this won't work on a T.

Does that make sense and can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

Sponsored Links
Could be done, but only if the T section protruding is double rounded like a piece of breakfast bar. I've seen this before, but not with standard worktop forming the T section.

Sponsored Links
If laminate Standard masons mitre - just set up worktop jig twice on both pieces to get curve at both ends.

Easy peasy

Steve

Thanks for that. i didn't think of doing 2 joints. Need to source double edged worktop now then. :)

Thanks.

Double edged worktop is available (usually as breakfast bar) some places will only sell a minimum of 3m length though. If you only require a meter or so, you could ask kitchen suppliers if they have any decent offcuts knocking about. You'd then have to but worktop to match this. Again the kitchen suppliers may help. Costs nowt to ask around. ;) ;)

EDIT, found this place online for double postformed worktops 665mm wide
http://www.hpponline.co.uk/Grid/778/Double-Post-form-Laminate-Kitchen-Worktops

If you were going to use something like this, then for your ordinary worktop (against the walls) you'd have to cut one of the postformed edges off with a circular saw ( cut the piece you want for the T shape off the length first and save it ) ;) ;)

Alternatively, you may want to think about using straight edged worktop. in which case there's no masons mitre to be cut at all. ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back