TEEING INTO A DRAIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a drain in a yard which I'd like to tee into.

The image shows the drain. The "curved" bit leads to a rainwater guttering while the "straight" bit which leads into the curved bit from the right (with debris in it 'cos it's been unused for some time) is from a soil stack.

I'd like to T into the soil stack straight bit to the right of the drain to create a another soil stack.

1. The drain seems quick shallow (it's only about a foot deep as you can see. Is there a minimum depth for drains from soil stacks?

2. If I tee into the existing run that feeds into the drain, do I need to notify the water company?

Sponsored Links
If this particular part of the drain is not shared, i.e. it is serving only your drains, then no you don't need to inform the water company.

If it were me and being as the drains are so shallow, i would be looking at grubbing that lot up and starting with a new plastic shallow access chamber, plonked straight onto the outlet pipe.

You can then fettle the existing storm pipe and your new SVP straight into the new chamber.

However, i have no idea where this proposed SVP is in relation to the chamber or whether you intend keeping the existing SVP?

Thank you.

Please see attached.

I need to place a new SVP to the right of the door, as it will be at ground level, so my original plan would be to Tee into the pipe from the current SVP to the drain underground level.

What you are suggesting is perfectly ok.

The reason we would dig up is that fitting plastic reduces the risk of leaks, is easier to work with and is cleaner.

Sponsored Links
Just another quickie - I won;t need to vent this pipe as it is already vented at the other SVP - is that right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back