Telephone compatibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG6523E trio of telephones. Only the base unit plugs into a telephone socket, the other two satellite phone just plug into their chargers. These three phones are situated in the lounge, study and kitchen. Is it possible to plug in a different cordless phone (BT Studio 1100) and its charger into another telephone socket in the bed room? Will an incoming call cause all four phones to ring and will the BT phone interfere in any way with the performance of the Panasonic phones?

Sponsored Links
Can't answer for certain about these particular phones. However, in general handsets need to be 'paired' to their basestation (master) and so 'extension' handsets would only respond to their particular 'master' and wouldn't be interfered with by the other. (Just the same as not being interfered with by your neighbour's if he had one). In fact you should be able to have slaves for both masters and all work independently as per the DECT standard (but you know what standards are ;o). Yes - they'd all ring (as long as you don't exceed the line REN capacity). Also, if both masters are 'ansaphones' just set them to different timeouts so that 1 cuts in before the other.

Many thanks for the information. I can not find the REN value in the Panasonic instruction manual, so I will have to check this with Panasonic..

But the REN value would only be relevant to the masters actually connected to the line. Ringers of the slave units would be irelevant.

Sponsored Links
Ren has no function on the extensions as the base station sends a signal to the cordless ext telling it to ring via it's own internal battery.(and their not plugged into the BT line )
Its not very likely that you will get the Bt phone to pair up with the panasonic base station but try, if you have a socket in the bedroom there is nothing stopping you plugging in another corded phone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back