Telephone drop extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Recently moved house, and just getting around to having broadband installed. The cable from the pole (grey 2 core. fig of 8 shape) is coming down the wall and into the house down the side of the window. I want to move this down lower and into the box where the consumer unit and alarm is housed (for router).

Can I / what cable to I use to extend it down to where it needs to be before the BT engineer comes? At the moment the 2 core cable terminates in a junction box on the inside window sill

cheers

Sponsored Links
Suggest you ask the BT engineer (and have some decent biscuits available)

Try to eliminate this cable it is old and will cause problems with your bb connection...it is prone to hr dis...before you ring bt disconnect at the junction box then when they do a line test it will test dis and they will sned a openreach engineer out the (persuade) the engineer to re-route if for you ....but as the op says have some nice kit-kats and coffee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back