telford cylinder...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So just taken delivery of my telford tempest cylinder and it's supposed to have 22mm compression fittings...but there's only 5mm of pipe sticking out of the cylinder and the O/D is 28mm! same for the coil and cold feed and DHW draw off...the inside is threaded but still doesn't seem quite right to me...

will be calling telford tomorrow am, but any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Pictures please.

inside coil return...ribbed tube - high gain coil??

8549501069_cfeadfd609_h.jpg

cylinder...

8549499779_7d29d36b3c_h.jpg

22 to 15mm reducer in the coil tube...yes i was VERY carefull not to knock it in!!
8550597496_f1f1cfff62_h.jpg

The DHW draw has a decent tube length...

8549517143_f86cc1d0f9_h.jpg

...the rest are around 5 to 6 mm - not enough to get a compression fitting onto securely...

The inlet group is 22mm...

They are to take ¾" or 1" male Irons (can't tell from the pictures). These then go to metric compression.

They're not "ribbed" they are BSP threads.

How much of this job is DIY? ;).

Pipe dimensions and types are pretty fundamental :D

Sponsored Links
They are to take ¾" or 1" male Irons (can't tell from the pictures). These then go to metric compression.

They're not "ribbed" they are BSP threads.

How much of this job is DIY? ;).

Pipe dimensions and types are pretty fundamental :D

Thanks but know what a thread is ;) the ribbed inner bore is of the coil, it's not a smooth internal pipe, but a corragated pipe, like a flexipipe...just wondered if this was normal or a high gain coil...

The thread will be a 3/4 bsp as inch is about 33mm major diameter (so wouldn't fit)...but a 3/4 bsp male fitting must have a smaller bore and therefoe would create a restriction over a 22mm compression fitting...

Will reveal all once I've spoken to telford and managed to get a vernier on a 3/4 male fitting!

well spoke to Telford and they just said yep, 3/4" female thread...when I queried the fact that all the literature and online specs said 22mm cold feed, HW draw and coil he just said well, that's what we fit...

So now need to check the internal dia of a male 3/4" fitting....

If that was the only issue, I'd not be so worried, but generally not hugely impressed with the build quality...the outer case holes aren't centred on the outlets, the HW draw off isn't straight, the insulation I've just been told is 35mm, but actually feels a lot thinner when I stick my finger in...

All in all, I know it's cheap, but hoped it would be OK. will check the fittings unless anyone has one to hand and can measure, tonight...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back