Telford Tempest cylinder leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
i would just wish to post that my three year old Telford Tempest cylinder lasted a grand total of three years before leaking and causing damage to my bedroom ceiling. The company have been unhelpful regarding my lifetime guarantee due to not having had my plumber sign for his annual check on the cylinder. I guess many of you will say that it is my fault, but i do not see how that would have brought a faulty weld to light? In fact the only way a faulty weld would be found is when it fails and starts leaking. Mr Roger Ashford of Telford cylinders was very unhelpful nor sympathetic to my plight and seemed to give off a 'couldn't care less' approach. My advice is think of a different brand if given the choice, as i can attest to these cylinders lasting far short of a 'lifetime'!

Sponsored Links
Acidic flux in a s/s cylinder can cause premature corrosion. Can you see it leaking from a weld or is that conjecture/supposition?

I would say it was not fit for purpose; however your claim is against the person you paid for the cylinder, which might be your boiler technician. If he has a good relationship with his supplier you can often get something done.

Going direct to the manufacturer is always a problem because they have no control over the installation and more often than not this is where the problems begin.

Hello All,
i would just wish to post that my three year old Telford Tempest cylinder lasted a grand total of three years before leaking and causing damage to my bedroom ceiling. The company have been unhelpful regarding my lifetime guarantee due to not having had my plumber sign for his annual check on the cylinder. I guess many of you will say that it is my fault, but i do not see how that would have brought a faulty weld to light? In fact the only way a faulty weld would be found is when it fails and starts leaking. Mr Roger Ashford of Telford cylinders was very unhelpful nor sympathetic to my plight and seemed to give off a 'couldn't care less' approach. My advice is think of a different brand if given the choice, as i can attest to these cylinders lasting far short of a 'lifetime'!

Chris, there's a Benchmark that should be completed by the G3 ticket holding Plumber that installed the cylinder. There's a Service Record also at the back of the A4 cylinder book - just behind the Benchmark. This also should be completed annually by a G3 Plumber each year after the cylinder service.
No paperwork, no warranty!!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back