temp rise across boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What temp differential should I expect to see across my Wickes 50 balanced flue boiler.

I think I "may" have inadvertantly moved the pressure regulator nut so I just want to make sure that my boiler is not firing too hard now.

Sponsored Links
what pressure regulator nut would that be then?

Sponsored Links
and what relation do you think there is between the ? pressure ? and the temperature differential?

even then, without a (2 channel) differential thermometer the info would be of little use

As you may have seen from my previous thread, Ive had all sorts of problems with my boiler which i have finally sorted out, however I did in the process, move the burner pressure up and down whilst trying to keep the thing alight. Ive put it back to where it was but was just curious how much temp the water should pick up across the boiler. Obviously with a higher burner pressure you will get bigger flames and bigger flames will increase the heating across the boiler. Ive set it up as low as it will go without tripping out to be on the safe side until i can get a manometer from work and set it up again.

Oh and yes I do have a 2 channel temp reader. I agree im not corgi, but I am a development engineer for gas turbines so I work on gas and combustion systems every day.

Thanks for everybodies help over the past few days.

Dont expect anyone reading this to remember anything about anything you have posted before. Thats why its better to stick tot he same thread so we can see the whole history.

If thats an old cast iron exchanger boiler then the design diff temp was 11°.

However, thats totally dependent on the water flow rate so you dont set the gas input for a particular diff temp.

You set the burner pressure to match the manufacturer's specs and the check the volume of gas being used.

How do you adjust the mixture on a Trent 1000 ?

Does the water injection on the WLE versions alter the combustion characteristics or is it just a way to get a large volume of vapour?

Tony

The engine you have referred to is an aero jet engine, I work on gas turbine generators producing 140 odd megawatts. ;)

OK then, but a Trent 60 is designed to be used on generators.

So how is the mixture adjusted?

And how is that mixture adjusted during operation for different incoming air temperatures for example.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back