Temporarily remove combi boiler to decorate - difficult?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just had a new combi boiler installed on a tiled wall ... then decided to redecorate afterwards. I'm just wondering how big a job is it to remove the boiler so I can hack off the tiles behind and replaster, then put the boiler back. What would be involved, how long do you reckon it would take, and would it need to be done by a Gas Safe engineer? Any advice welcome (and yes I know I should have decorated BEFORE the boiler was installed!). Cheers

Sponsored Links
requires a RGI to remove boiler, flue, and gas connection. then same to refit boiler, flue ,gas pipe and recommision

requires a RGI to remove boiler, flue, and gas connection. then same to refit boiler, flue ,gas pipe and recommision

Thanks for quick reply! How long do you think it would take RGI for these two bits of work i.e. to come and remove boiler, then to come back a few days later and put boiler back? I'm going to ask the bloke who installed it for a quote, but I want to have an idea first if it's an hour's work or half a day's work or whatever.

Sponsored Links
dont know how long it would take your london rgi, but i know how long it would take me

ps the minute that boilers off the wall, when refitting it, i would charge you the same price as i would if fitting a brand new one out of box ;)

So you want to be without heating and hot water for several days and in this weather and pay for the privilege just so the wall looks 'nice' behind your boiler? Think you should have a rethink.

Hammer...chisel...smash tiles off tight up to edge of boiler, tile up to boiler with new tiles, or just replaster and run a bead of caulk around the edge to hide the old tiles

Simples ;)

Hammer...chisel...smash tiles off tight up to edge of boiler, tile up to boiler with new tiles, or just replaster and run a bead of caulk around the edge to hide the old tiles

Simples ;)
Thanks - you have won the prize for best idea so far!

So you want to be without heating and hot water for several days and in this weather and pay for the privilege just so the wall looks 'nice' behind your boiler? Think you should have a rethink.
Well obviously we would check into the Ritz while it was being done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back