Temporary electrics for shed

Happy to help.

You should be able to get a spark that allows some assisted works. Running trunking round areas, fitting back boxes, 1st fix stuff is normally acceptable subject to talking the works through with the spark first.

If you need to provide a proper feed between mains and outside units most sparks will be happy to allow you to dig / do labour works.

Just have a good think about what you need and post back, some design banter and help regarding how to keep costs down should be beneficial to your 'project'.

Sponsored Links
I have to admit, while I see no harm in wiring some flex from the lights to a socket in the garage, held out of the way of anything that can reasonably damage the flex, to provide tempory lighting, I would certainly be aiming to make use of some SWA as soon as practicable, which may well be stright away.

You say the pink is an RCD? Is this in the form of a garage consumer unit? Any spaced left?

If so, I would buy some SWA, run it from this to the shed, into a junction box with a small radial to a socket or two (why not) and a fcu to run the lights, maybe one for the interior lights and one for the outside lights, maybe making them switchs fcu's so they can double up as the light switches.

Obviously, cable size, fuse/breaker ratings, rcd protection, etc would have to be considered in more detail and the design confirmed.

For clarification I am not a qualified electritial, and am only speculating on what might be possable, given what ive seen in other threads and when out an about.

As said, further to that, ideally there would be some discriniation in the garage/shed supplies such that an overload or RCD fault does not plunge the house/garage into darkeness.

Daniel

absolutely nothing to do with us at all
So says the man who has no interest in quality, no interest in doing things properly, no concept of pride in ones work, and who thinks it's perfectly OK to get things wrong, to make mistakes and who dismisses any criticism of his laziness and carelessness as pedantry, as if the person seeking higher standards is at fault, rather than the "it's probably good enough but actually I don't really care if it isn't" person.

Your attitude is entirely wrong for a DIY advice forum - please go away.

Sponsored Links
absolutely nothing to do with us at all
So says the man who has no interest in quality, no interest in doing things properly, no concept of pride in ones work, and who thinks it's perfectly OK to get things wrong, to make mistakes and who dismisses any criticism of his laziness and carelessness as pedantry, as if the person seeking higher standards is at fault, rather than the "it's probably good enough but actually I don't really care if it isn't" person.

Your attitude is entirely wrong for a DIY advice forum - please go away.

Says the man? Says who? You haven't described me at all. Yet again, your attempts to try and seduce me aren't working.

It's your attitude that's wrong for a DIY advice forum as you're incredibly rude, arrogant and full of self gratification.

Now, pipe down.

Bless you x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back