Temporary quick fix for uneven ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and thank you for looking at this post.

A temporary bathroom is being installed, very cheapy diy, for about a year until an extension is constructed. The ceiling had painted polystrene ceiling tiles which have been removed under which there was paint. The ceiling has then been sanded down to remove the ceiling tile adhesive.

The painted ceiling finish now to be decorated is bumpy in places for example where sanding has removed some of the paint to the plaster beneath.

A first coat of paint on the ceiling, as it is, is likely to reveal all the bumps in their full glory!

What is the quick temporary fix for preparing this ceiling so it is ready for decoration with bathroom paint?

Thank you for looking at this post.

Sponsored Links
Overboarding would be quickest. false economy and waste of time to sand that stuff down.

Thank you for your reply.

It seems initially less bother to somehow try to smooth down whats there. Or get it skimmed?

I guess boarding over would lessen the ceiling height, and it would all need to be fixed in place? What board would be appropriate?

Thank you again for your reply.

I'd get it skimmed.

Or and i wouldn't normally recommend this but as its only temporary you could put a heavy anaglypta up but use a strong paste or just artex it with a light pattern that can be skimmed when the time comes.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back