Temporary support for furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've an IKEA besta tv bench (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S79062863/) fixed to wall (no legs). I need to remove it temporary to do some work behind. When I've fixed it to the wall we were two and it has been quite a pain to screw it to the wall while the other was holding it.
Can you recommend a way to hold the tv bench in place without the help of a couple of people holding it?
I was thinking of buying a couple of appliance roller mover and build timber legs to support the tv bench. Any better idea which could save me time?

Sponsored Links
It has to depend on the height of course but how about a couple of chairs with a plank or two between them - or maybe a workmate type of bench?
One way I guess if the original holes are still there, is to fix one corner - with the other on the floor - and then swivel the thing up using that screw as a pivot, while you fix the other?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks empip the adjustable legs will do. Now it seems obvious but I haven't thought about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back