Temporary tiled hearth?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody

Hoping somebody might be able to help.

I've recently pulled up the carpets in my front room and exposed the floorboards, along with a concrete hearth that has seen better days.

I am keen to create a tiled hearth effect by using some old Victorian tiles I have on some kind of hardboard that can then be taken with me as and when I sell the property (mostly because I'm not sure my tiles would be to everybody's taste, but also because I think the tiles are beautiful and can see myself potentially using them again!).

Is this possible?! If so does anybody have any advice as to materials (e.g. is there such a thing as fireproof hardboard? What kind of adhesive should I use? Is there such a thing as temporary adhesive?!)

The fireplace doesn't work at present but I wouldn't want to rule out getting it fixed in the future and having the odd fire in it in the winter (probably just at Christmas!).

Any advice gratefully received.

SS
x

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back