Temporary toilet installation during bathroom refit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need some advice concerning the fitting of a new bathroom which I hope you can help with. I should mention that this is our only bathroom/WC….!

I am concealing the toilet cistern behind a PB/Aquapanel wall which will be plastered prior to being tiled (not the whole wall will be tiled, hence the need to plaster). The pan I intend to fit is floor-mounted, but flush with the wall to hide the soil pipe (using a flexi soil pipe connector). As the plaster will take ~4days to dry before I can tile, I need to temporarily fit the toilet a few mm away from the wall. When dry I can then remove the pan, tile and install properly.

Q1) Could I just let the pan sit on the floor and use a couple of nuts on the studs from the pan mounting frame to stop the pan sliding back and touching the wet plaster?

Q2) How hard would it be to drill through floor tiles (yet to be chosen) and SLC to screw the pan to the floor? Do I need to pre-drill all the way through to the wooden sub-floor?

Q3) As mentioned above, I am using a toilet pan frame concealed in the wall; two threaded studs will protrude out to which the pan will be fixed. How do I go about ensuring the height of these studs above my new tiled floor (yet to be laid) is the exact height of the mounting holes on the pan?! Is this as simple as factoring in the floor tile and adhesive thickness prior to fixing the frame?

Any other pointers or problems I should be warned about?!!

Many thanks

GW

Sponsored Links
How many people need to use the toilet, ie just you, use a bucket, you & the wife his & her bucket. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hire a chemical loo and put it in the garden.

You might want to wait until the warmer weather if doing this.

what warm up a plastic tardis full of poo :mad: It`ll be a Turdis :rolleyes: get it out there in the cool of Spring and toughen up :LOL:

First, check out the Tiling forum, I don't think you should plaster over Aquapanel. Also I think British Gypsum say plastering over PB reduces the weight of tiles from 38 kg/m² to 20 kg/m².

I refurbished a bathroom and had no real problems removing and replacing toilet while working.
I filled the cistern from a bucket, but it was just me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back