tempremental central heating/hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler - 6 year old glow worm micron fitted after previous condensing bolier expired after about 8yrs. About 5 years ago a new Y valve was fitted. Had it rewired about 2 yrs ago.

I have had a couple of people who fit/fix central heating be unable to offer a solution or tell what is wrong.

The problem probably from installation but has got worse recently although it stopped working for 6 months then sprung to life:
The fan runs, the pump appears to run (judging by the fact it is making a noise and gets warm) however the boiler lights then cuts out or just clicks and doesnt light. The ret and burn light flicker alternately.

It works perfectly very occaionally. but most of the time its pretty poor heating is tepid. Hot water is better but sometimes this doesnt get beyond tepid. It seems to have a mind of its own!

Sponsored Links
"""I have had a couple of people who fit/fix central heating be unable to offer a solution or tell what is wrong."""

Were these CORGI registered? Are either members of the Institute?

I am left wondering if they came and you expected a free diagnosis?

I find that there are very few people who install boiler who are able to diagnose faults other than the simplest!

My suggestion is that you try to find a boiler engineer who repairs boilers but does not fit them.

Yours is a very simple boiler and system and anyone competent will be able to repair it!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
His usual smug, haughty and irrelevant reply.
It's about time this standard response went into the Wiki. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back