It must be quite a good job been a gas central heating engineer,

Ten reasons to become a gas central heating engineer

1) Low education only required.
2) Short time course to become trained.
3) Very simple equipment to debug.
4) Set your own wages.
5) Know how to rip off customers optional
6) Sense of humour optional
7) You have to be Gorgi registered to work on gas boilers.
8) Good liar helps.
9) ?????????????????
10) ?????????????????

I’m off to become a gas central heating engineer,
I have already passed, 1), 3), and 6).
I’ll try my best at, 4), 5), and:cool:.
Only 2) and 7) to pass.
But nine and ten my let me down.

Cowboy Joe

Sponsored Links
well ten reasons to be a diyer
good liar
lack of ability
slag off bona fide tradesmen
withhold payment because you got the cat pregnant[well it was ok till you serviced it]
would not know how to describe component
would not know how to remember simple instructions
would not know what appliances they have
would not know where to isolate things
listen to their mate down the pub who had such and such done for x amount
think the world revolves around diy sheds
apologies to people who wish to carry out work in their own home and do it to a better standard than some of these nvq entrants who seem to think they are competent at what they do,and by the way nvq means NOT VERY QUALIFIED.low education i think not,short course=4 years,simple equipment=you try setting up some of the controls for modern boilers and test equipment,set your own wages=joys of being self employed and not being a leech bleeding the sys dry,know how to rip off optional=stupid customers not knowing how to use equipment in THEIR OWN HOMES,sense of humour optinal :LOL: :LOL: corgi registration :D :D ,good liar two way street some customers would not know the truth if it jumped up and slapped them around the face for two hours.as for the other two???????????????????????.my advice to anyone coming into the construction industry is do not bother too many regulations too many eastern europeans too many hassles just to earn a very stale crust

9. Having gained three years experience on how to diagnose faults on most common boilers under the guidance and training of an experienced engineer.

10. Having built up a local reputation over at least three years of providing speedy, polite and reasonably priced service.

I dont see that as being quite so easy and anyone spending that time training on the job and at college will deserve a reasonable income ( of about £35k ! )

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back