terminal blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hope somebody can help im painting a friends kitchen for them and to do a tidy job for them decided to unscrew the sockets so not to get any paint on them and noticed that somebody has extended the cable using terminal blocks and i thought they should be crimped any help gladly excepted

Sponsored Links
It's not good practice, crimps would be better but I personally think more people could create a successful joint with a terminal block than they could with a butt crimp.
The terminal block is accessible for inspection so as long as the connection is sound, it's adequately rated (above 20A) and doesn't cause overly cramped conditions in the backbox then I see nothing wrong with it.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all comments i thought it was better to be safe then sorry

This has happened to me when I have converted a couple of single sockets to double ones. The was not enough wire, I got round it by using those special conversion sockets which fit into a single back box, they are not as neat but avoid the problem of having to extend a cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back