Termostat problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if some one could provide some help via my setup. We have a Combi boiler and most radiators have TRV's attached except for a bathroom and main bedroom.

Now we had a digital timer attached to the unit in the kitchen. Recently my father fitted a Drayton Digistat 2. Now for me I'm not fused about the temp in the kitchen - it's pretty large and the previous owners didn't fit a large enough radiator - so thats another job. However I was wondering 2 things - should I fit a TRV for the bedroom and what is the best place for a Termostat in the house?

Sponsored Links
Thermostat in the kitchen is not advised as there are other heat sources.
Very common now to have the thermostat in the living room providing there is no other heat source used,where you choose to put it that room should not have a TRV.

Thanks for the reply.

Now, the old setup had a timer and TRV's fitted to most rads. With the Thermostat fitted I see this as counter productive. We rarely use the electric fire (normally used for short blasts when the missus is home alone). Should I put the Thermostat in the living room and remove the TRV from that radiator?

Also does anyone have a recommendation for a Thermostat that can be programed per day so it doesn't come on so early at the weekend?

Most modern programmable thermostats do that.

The RF versions allow the sender unit to be moved around the house too.

You don't have to remove the whole TRV and only need to remove the head.

Or even just turn it to maximum with most models.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back