tesco the booze police

The problem, I think, with the police / TSO tactics at the moment is they target shop workers. They seem to have forgotten that trying to BUY alcohol by underage people is illegal, as well as selling it to them.

Here's a novel idea: sit an undercover cop or 2 outside a convenience store on a friday and saturday night from 6pm. Inform the store staff not to ID anyone. Anyone who walks out of the store with alcohol or cigs and looks under 21, he stops and asks for ID. No ID = they get detained until they can prove their age. If they are found to be underage, no charges are brought against the shop worker (due to them being told not to ask for ID), but a heavy fine is sent to the purchaser. As a further measure, store staff can be given radios to inform the police outside that someone has bought cigs.

All in favour?

Sponsored Links
Raise the age of drinking to 21, anyone caught srving alchohol to under age drinkers gets a big fine, second offence jail for 3 months. If you are caught up in any alchohol related crimed (fighting, vandalism etc), big fine, no dosh? 3 months in a detention centre.

I spoke to a VERY mature 16 y.o. when he contacted me about some training. He was already earning about £8000 p.a. doing part time plumbing work for his own customers!

What amused me was he was taking his girlfriend out to dinner that evening at a ( proper ) restaurant !

Responsible drinking is no problem to anyone. Its the drunks/louts who should be given proper penalties. Being drunk in public should attract a fine of at least £300, doing damage when drunk at least £600 plus compensating the victim in full.

These £30 fines cost more to administer!

Tony

public humiliation or flogging.

bring back the stocks complete with rotten vegetables.

i'll be letting me spuds go off deliberately.

Sponsored Links
My idea is a total non starter compared to tim and noseall's fantastic ideas. :rolleyes:

This is how it seems to me:

People under 18 aren't legally allowed to buy alcohol, so lets stop them from buying alcohol by charging them more for it so they'll have to illegally buy it at a higher price.

:?:

What a great idea! Then maybe we could stop all these shootings by putting up the price of illegal firearms?

:confused:

Instead of trying to tax everything, how about they actually try to enforce the laws that they make us all live by?

:evil:

Sponsored Links
Back