Testing equipment

Sponsored Links
Can't comment on what it's like, and I understand your desire to save money, but if you're embarking on a career as an electrician, and recognise that at some later stage you might have to spend more, I'd say bite the bullet and spend more now, if that's judged necessary by people who can comment on that tester.

A £few hundred more spent now may well hurt, but then it's over, and by the time you qualify you won't be able to point to a hole in your finances where that £few hundred would have been. But you will appreciate not having to buy another tester at the same time you're forking out for scheme membership, insurance, a van etc etc etc...

point taken and understood - main reason is that apart from test rigs and my home, family etc there is no place else i could practice so the money spent on test equipment would be wasted until it was actually needed which could be a while and the only tester i have is a megger which i dont think will do all the tests i need to learn although maybe a starting point.

Then look for a cheap individual tester(s) on eBay to fill in the gaps of what yours doesn't do. As long as it works, it won't matter if it isn't as accurate as it could be, or has a calibration certificate.

Sponsored Links
Yeah thanks for advise - will price couple of seperates for now can always sell them on when im confident and feel ready to buy better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back