Texecom Alarm WiFi Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I literally joined this forum to post this plea for help as looking through the site it seem there are a lot of Texecom geniuses here.

We switched broadband provider back in January but had a load of issues that were not fixed until March. The CCTV installer came out and reset our cctv but not our Texecom alarm as I read online (This forum in fact) how to do it. Then Vodaphone came back out and sorted more issues so CCTV man came back out to reset the CCTV to the new fixed ip. However, the way I read of how to get into the alarm to set the WiFi connection no longer works as it is not accepting the password inside the casing, I’ve been trying this for weeks, changing the letters to something they may look like and be printed wrong but to no avail.
Then this morning the alarm is starting to bleep at me and the console displays a “Com 1 Fault” and won’t set.

I have tried to contact the engineer but unsure if he’s still working or not in the current situation. Is there a way to get round the alarm password to get it to connect to the WiFi? I don’t have an Ethernet cable long enough.

Hope someone can help me!

TIA Rich

Sponsored Links
So guessing the smart com is connected to the panel and you can’t access the said of the smart com?

Yes the smart on is connected to the panel (I’m guessing it is) but can’t log into the smart com to change the WiFi password.

So how you trying to do this?

1. what did Vodafone actually change (router???).
2.do you have engineers code?

If they changed the router, then the wifi settings would have changed.

The smart com ssid shouldn't have changed but this should only be visible when setting up, that can be done by pressing done the orange button on the smart com, you should then see the smart coms SSID appear when you look at wifi 2.4ghz, the code inside the smart com box is to log into the SSID.

If you cant log in to that then you have to reset the smart com, which is basically down power it when you power it up just keep pressing and releasing the orange button (think its 5 times off the top of my head). then the default values should be available, however that for some reason I seem to think is for version 2 smart coms.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Yes they swapped out the router. Meaning everything had to reconnect to the new WiFi.
I can find the Smartcom on my phone when I search, it is just the password that appears to be wrong. The engineer swears blind he didn’t change it and I have no reason to not believe him.
I have tried the orange button, the Smartcom shows on my WiFi list but that is as far as I get.

So if I down power it and then restart, Will that lose all my pir sensor settings and will the alarm need to be set up again from scratch?

Thanks,

You won’t lose anything as long as you just power down the smart com, you can open it up and unplug the smar com.

if your still struggling, then it may be a little more complicated to resolve.

if you know your old WiFi settings, you may be able to setup a guest network with the same settings

Hello,

Trying to reuse this post instead of recreating another...

I've currently got the smart com on wifi and planning on changing ISP but trying to avoid engineer fees again... I'm planning to running a Ethernet to the device to avoid all this mess.
Do I simply out the panel to engineer's mode then open up the smart come and plug the Ethernet?

Will the Ethernet overide wifi or do I need to disable wifi somehow?

Thanks

better to start your own thread to be fair as the original is 2 years old.

Better to ask for help, we all know that people ask for help to avoid costs.

In the new thread please include details of the system panel and version number along with version number of the app and smartcom so someone can advise properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back