Texecom App v2.0.20 issue reading sensor temperatures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently upgraded the iOS Texecom app to v2.0.20

I notice when i look in 'Rooms & Devices', under security only certain sensors report back a temperature.
All the ones that do were added to the panel back when i was using the old app.
Since using the new app i added some more sensors to the panel and configured as normal, on all of these i see no temp reported.

The sensors are GJA and GHA types (Micro contact and Shock)

Anyone else notice this, i assume its a bug in the app?
Or have i missed something when setting up the sensors?
I can't find anywhere in Wintex where i can see the temperatures reported by the sensors.

Attachments

• IMG_5732.PNG
    IMG_5732.PNG
    268.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5733.PNG
    IMG_5733.PNG
    219.5 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
Good Afternoon,

Thanks for the feedback, whilst these inconsistencies are reported, it is not our primary focus at the moment.

Hopefully in the future updates the Temperature will be displayed on all devices that support the reading.

It may be a simple issue where the Zone Text and auto resizing is overlapping the temperature element, but that is for the Management / Development team to investigate.

Regards,

John Gildert

@sparkymarka or should i say JG??????

I suspect it is the text resizing, having looked at an ios where some sensors were added after V2 app in use, its showing on those devices but the text is relatively short.

In other words we ain’t bothered at the moment , we have released an update and not fully tested it .....yet again ...

Sponsored Links
Still cant get it to work, even with short names...

Attachments

• IMG_5754.PNG
    IMG_5754.PNG
    242.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5755.PNG
    IMG_5755.PNG
    261.6 KB · Views: 100
Sorry wish I had an answer for you, but if you did everything correctly then not sure what else you could do.

The only way to attempt to get to the bottom of it is to ask Texecom or try some other phones and see how it behaves.

The issues would be either the app itself, the phone display, or how things have been done.

Ok, thanks for your help.
Ill live without it for now, hopefully Texecom will release a fix at some point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back