Texecom Cloud - how to update panel and smartcom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Texcom Version: Elite 24 V5.04.01 LS1
Smartcom: V03.03.00

Earlier this week, I migrated my Texecom Panel and Smartcom onto the Cloud so that we could move from v1 to v2 of the Texecom App.

From the cloud account, I can see updates are available for both the Elite Panel and the Smartcom.

Before I go and commit to the upgrade, I had a few questions:

1. Do I need to do any pre-requisite tasks before updating the panel and/or smartcom? i.e take backups etc..
2. Do I need to upgrade the panel before the smartcom or does it not really matter which order I do it in?

Regards,
Addy

Sponsored Links
Be logged out of the app or wintex before flashing the device.
You should also take a panel back up before flashing.

smart com first, once complete you can look at panel upgrade.

check you have set up the panel language before flashing panel up.

The process is simple and rarely goes wrong but I have been made aware of some having issues.
These have been raised on the facebook group (installers only) and may also possibly on the Texecom forum to which i don't have access.

Ah right, I still need to flash the device. Thanks for confirming @secureiam

With it now being updated via Texecom Cloud, I thought it would automatically take backup before applying the update.

I have tried to trigger the update but I get the following which im unsure about if i need to do:

"You have selected to upgrade the firmware on the Premier Elite panel without requiring confirmation from the site.

Outputs relating to signalling and connected safety devices may activate during the upgrade. Please consider the implications of this: ie:
1. Ensure monitoring is 'on test'
2. Safety devices/sounders are disabled or disconnected on site.

Please note: Firmware upgrade should only be completed with the SmartCom connected via the Texecom supplied 60 cm cable.

Are you sure you wish to continue?"

Best speaking to Texecom Technical as only they can sort things out if they go wrong. It is Friday afternoon and will be busy I suspect.

I personally cant see any reason not to continue if you have upgraded the smart com first and your logged out of all connections other than the currently portal connection!!!

A self install is unlikely to be connected to an ARC.
The lead aslong as its not modified should be fine

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

I've managed to update it via cloud services. Thanks @secureiam for the advice on updating smartcom before the panel - I have seen others facing issues obtaining an app code from the SmartCom app if the panel is updated before the smartcom device is.

Texecom Panel is now on V6.02.00 LS1 and smartcom on V04.01.01.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back