How to reset Texecom Smartcom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slightly odd request here.

My alarm has a Texecom Smartcom which I use locally to interface with Home Assistant as part of my home automation platform. I do not use Texecom's cloud service or app, preferring to use my own which is somewhat more sophisticated ;)

Normally my Smartcom is not connected to the cloud, but today I've connected it to Texecom Cloud in order to apply a firmware update to the SmartCom to resolve an issue I've been having. This completed fine, but after removing the "Texecom Connect" protocol from ARC 1, I noticed that the cloud light remained on, and Texecom Cloud could still talk to my alarm. I cannot find any option within the menus to force a disconnection, and "reset digi" has not helped.

Is there an easy way to reset / reboot the Smartcom to force disconnect it from the cloud, or do I need to open up the panel and physically disconnect it from the main alarm panel instead? The documentation is a little terse, and mentions a reset button, but not how to use it!

Sponsored Links
Are your sure ? I think one of the later smartcom upgrades alters the led condition for the new 4g unit ….it may be a bit of a red herring ….

Are your sure ? I think one of the later smartcom upgrades alters the led condition for the new 4g unit ….it may be a bit of a red herring ….

Now that's an interesting thought...

I've since power cycled the Connect module (unplugged it from the main panel) and it's booted straight back up with the cloud icon solidly on, despite not being configured to do so in the panel. Wonder if it now just connects by default regardless of what you have it set up to communicate on via the serial ports? I've had a quick look at the 4G docs, and they still seem to have the same behaviour of the LED as what I thought mine did...

Anyway, my interface seems stable for now - the question will be whether it remains so over the next few days so I can tick this off as "fixed with a firmware update"!

more sophisticated sounds interesting, if it is as good as you say why not talk with Texecom and make a few bob and let us all have more sophisticated?

reset button five times but my understanding it resets the settings, ie connection details and password.

Sponsored Links
more sophisticated sounds interesting, if it is as good as you say why not talk with Texecom and make a few bob and let us all have more sophisticated?
Nothing especially clever, I'm afraid - I use Home Assistant and route all of the alarm functionality through this, with alerts (e.g. alarm sounding) routed through HA and another notification platform. This allows me to control the alarm locally and remotely, and interface to the individual sensors (e.g. to turn off the central heating if a door is left open, as detected using a door contact on the alarm), as well as providing some degree of proximity monitoring using the alarm sensors.

Pretty powerful, especially integrated with other systems (e.g. CCTV) and you definitely can't do an integration of this depth through the regular app.

I think I've mentioned HA before, but I would definitely suggest that those of a technical persuasion look to see if it could help them with their home automation requirements. There's a mature integration with the Texecom Smartcom available here, which (assuming this firmware update works!) does an excellent job of bringing Texecom Elite alarms into HA.

There are a few hardware vendors that provide direct support for their interfaces, but most don't and are supported by the community instead. It doesn't really matter which way it happens, providing the hardware vendor isn't actively hostile to HA.

yes you have mentioned this before, not looked at it to be honest and keep saying i will but don't get round to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back