Texecom Connect interaction with cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed, I am very new to this topic and for some reason I was unable to find answers on my own.

I am in the process of choosing my alarm system and at the moment I am leaning towards Texecom Premier Elite + Texecom Connect. One of requirements to the alarm system on my side is possibility to integrate with CCTV cameras efficiently.

In particular, I am looking at such scenarios as:
- activation of cameras when alarm system is armed
- alternatively, activation of cameras only when one or a combination of sensors got triggered
- watching live/historical streams from cameras over the Texecom mobile App

Is it possible at all, would any IP camera work or are there specific requirements to cameras to fit the mentioned setup? Maybe you could you point me to the right guides/materials to read on this topic?

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Sponsored Links
In theory any camera that can be viewed remotely over an IP connection will work wrt to viewing in Texecom Connect, but you would need to know the image commands.

NOTE:- the image displayed remotely is the low resolution sub feed, as cameras use lots of data its not viable to upload and download full resolution.

Texecom connect can view data it records but to my knowledge can't view recorded DVR/NVR footage.

You can record the remote feed when armed using a recipe in Texecom connect subject to how its all set up.
You can connect outputs to the inputs of a DVR/NVR to record quality images when a give state has been given by the alarm.

On smarter cameras you can get them to initiate recorded when someone walks into the cameras area rather than when the trees in the background move, again that depends on the cameras and getting the configuration right.

I would look at Hik IP cameras or dahua, as cost effective solution.

Be wholly aware that you need to get cameras correctly specified for the area that's being covered.

Time and time again you see people getting cheap kits that haven't taken into account what they need the camera to do, they have been installed at the incorrect height for what they want them to do, and haven't taken into account day/ night light available. Not to mention the hard drives being under specified resulting in short writing cycles or inadequate quality to be recorded from those cameras.

If you compared it to the like of cars, you expect different things from a Lada compare to a Rolls Royce, but for most you would be aiming at something mid range to get value for money and decent performance. Be aware that some kits are not what they seem, I have seen kits where the DVR/NVR are HIK and the cameras are something else so check makes and models of all components when buying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back