Texecom Door Sensor into PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

is it possible to wire my door contacts into a PIR than going into a keypad. I have an issue where by I want to add door sensors to my patio doors but I cant get cabling from back door to RKP but there is a PIR close to the doors (facing them in fact). So is it possible to connect the door contacts into the PIR instead, or should I just leave them and have the PIR facing the doors as it is now ?

Thanks

Thanks in Advance!

Sponsored Links
Don't know your layout, yes it can be done but not the way I would go.

If the pir wires directly back to the panel:-

In the ceiling above, wire an 8XP in giving you 8 zones (use the pir wires to connect the expander in the network at the panel end and at the expander), take your wires from the zones in the expander for your pir and door contacts/ shocks.

If it doesn't go all the way back then you can wire the door contacts in on the same pir zone, wiring in series with the PIR.

Personally I would leave it if the pir covers the doors unless your using shocks, as the door contacts have to be opened to activate and then the walk into the pir anyway, if you had shocks, you would get the attempted break in if they were set up correctly.

Better to have on separate zones.

Ok thanks for that information.. yes the PIR covers the Dining Room and Kitchen, approximately 13 Meters, so I'll leave it just cover the exit at the rear. That should be enough. Not using shocks.

How many cores in the cable to the PIR ?

The PIR will be using 4 ( +ve. -ve and 2 for the alarm ) or 6 ( +ve. -ve, 2 for the alarm and two for the tamper )

If there are two un-used cores in the cable then the door contact can be connected to those two and then they are connected to the appropriate terminals on the panel.

Sponsored Links
certainly an option, but wouldn't wire into the pir.

he could free up cables if he is using 6 core already wired up by switching to resistors on the pir and removing two wires, and use resistors for the door contacts. just depends on cores available and how many contacts he wants to use etc.

If he has 4 core its the expander or wire in series and be on the same zone. I got the impression there were no spares but never asked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back