Texecom Elite 24 - Shed questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just built a new shed and wish to add it to my Elite 24 system. I have all 8 zones used so I will have to add to one of the free zones on one of the keypads. I assume the best sensor would be to have door contacts as a PIR will surely just get false alarms with spiders etc? Also, I don't really understand how to configure it, as I would like it to be on its own so that its always armed regardless of whether the house is armed or disarmed until I want to go in the shed, at which point I can just disarm the shed. Is it easier to get another keypad for the shed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You could or set to area B and have a code for area B only , the zone will need to be mapped to the keypad if you use the keypad zone.

Another way (and there's no right or wrong way) is the way I control my 3 garden sheds as I don't want to have to remember an other code.

I have my 3 separate shed's on 24 hour zones. The zones are then protected whilst the alarm is armed or not. If I need to go into a shed I just use the keypad or iPhone App to omit that zone temporarily. As I only use my sheds maybe once or twice a week this works well for me, if your in and out of your shed all day this approach may not be for you.

Thanks, they both make sense! Do you just use PIRs in your three sheds? I have one spare dual tech Texecom which I was hoping to use, should this be okay?

Sponsored Links
There are lots of options depending on what suits you, keeping it simple should be the priority.

PIR/ Dual techs, how bigs the shed (microwaves can go through brick) a small shed may require you to reduce sensitivity, is there direct sunlight issues.
if you look at the operating spec of the dual tech that may help you decide if its any good for your shed. With it being hardwired you have the possibility to help reduce false alarms with programming.
Shock sensors, how solid is the shed and what's the wind like?

I have some spare door magnets too. The shed is a heavy duty one with thick T&G on the outside, quite a thick frame, then fully insulated and T&G internally too, so quite solid. It is 12x8 foot. It gets sunlight in the side windows but if I were to install a PIR, it would be in the corner of that same side with windows so would not be in the sunlight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back