texecom elite 48 PC-com issues

Hi,
Unfortunately I cannot connect to the panel at all; either with or without the flash interface module.

When connecting the flash interface I ensured the red wire on the end of the ribbon matched up with the arrow on the PCB.

I will take some pics of the setup when I get home and post them up.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Firstly lets walk first and run later.

Once you can connect via wintex the easier it will be to move onto the next step flashing.

Do not flash the panel with the comports programmed up and devices still plugged into them.

Firstly lets walk first and run later.

Once you can connect via wintex the easier it will be to move onto the next step flashing.

Do not flash the panel with the comports programmed up and devices still plugged into them.

Agreed.

Okay so have taken images of everything I think you required:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskJqgDwq

Had to house them on a new site called 'Flickr' because photobucket (what I used to use many moons ago) was riddled with ads which made it run super slow.

I wasn't sure about "screen shot of modem setup for wintex under pc-com".

The USBCOM is fitted in COM1 on the panel, but COM2 can be seen on the left, which I have also tried.

Thanks

update:

Ran though all options and setting again on both ports (1&2).

Reset COM1 and COM2 on panel via reset button on RKP per port setup on RKP to 'COM1>00 & COM2>00' - reset all other options and even changed UDL pw again with no joy.

I'm honeslty starting to think it is the USB lead for sure...

Sponsored Links
did you try using com port 2 on the panel rather than com1?

secondly never had to change the serial port settings so would have to check that they were correct.

Hi, yes tried com2. Defaulted settings on serial port and also tried a mix of different settings. Couldn't find anything factual on port settings on any texecom literature. Guess Texecom use default Windows port settings or they would explicitly explain what settings to use when connecting.

I raised an RMA today to get cable returned however supplier was out of stock until end of the week. I'll probably receive the new cable next week now :(

I am sat in the office today, still not convinced its the cable though.

so it failed to connect initially but I expected that would be the case, as the connection was used earlier for a project and that needed to be shutdown to ensure the (usb) com port was free, reconnected the cable after shutting it down and it worked straight away.

shutting down the program that was previously using that connection.

if there was nothing else sending data on that usb connection then that wont be an issue.

Ah ok, I see what you mean. Yes there was absolutely nothing previously using any com connection.

I had another stab at it this evening and for no where. I defaulted all of the NVM settings via RKP bar zone, text and area data and still got no connection.

you are stabbing around aimlessly to be honest.

the process is as simple a plug and play assuming you have the drivers installed for the lead FTDI drivers, you plug it in and the comport for that connection is shown. Given you have a com port number, I suspect that is okay.

If you have done everything correctly then it must be the cable or drivers not working correctly.

you are stabbing around aimlessly to be honest.

the process is as simple a plug and play assuming you have the drivers installed for the lead FTDI drivers, you plug it in and the comport for that connection is shown. Given you have a com port number, I suspect that is okay.

If you have done everything correctly then it must be the cable or drivers not working correctly.

Hi,

I've tried three sets of drivers across two laptops. So six in total. It's not the drivers, can assure you of that.

The process is, as you stated; as simple as plug and play hence originally thinking it was the lead. I don't think I'm stabbing around aimlessly to be honest. The connection didn't work and so I'm trying different things until a new cable arrives - every time I play with it I learn something new - so to me it's a learning experience.

Thanks

Hi,
Agreed. I'm being careful, but worse case is a new board which I don't think will be the case.
I'm pretty certain the issue is with the USB lead. Will update as soon as new ok arrives either this Friday or early next week.
Thanks

Update: New cable arrived today. Plugged into the board, clicked 'connect' using the exact same settings as before (did not change a single thing either on laptop or panel), and it connected straight away. Tried the old cable again (just to prove out) and same connection issue as before. So confirmed that the brand new TEXECOM USB lead I recieved was indeed faulty after all.

First class service from Nathan @ Alert Electrical for getting a replacemnet sent out to me quicker than I had anticipated (in light of having none at the start of the week).

Now to flash the panel and install smartcom.

Thanks to SIA and SpartyMarky for chiming in with their thoughts - mucho appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back