Texecom false alarms from GBV-0001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got 2 Texecom GBV-0001 wireless boxes. 1 I’ve had several false alarms from in the past 3 weeks and have had to disconnect it. When the sun catches it first thing in the morning it goes off and doesn’t come up on the keypad. I can’t disable it any way and have to wait until it finishes. No event is logged.

When I test and check it receives signal and triggers on a bell test.

I thought that the problem might have been the sun deforming the box and triggering the tamper but when I’ve looked (as it’s triggered) it is still completely depressed. I’ve fiddled with the screw that triggers it to no effect.

I’m minded to just replace the unit now unless anyone can come up with a clever answer!

And if I do replace the unit with the same model Is there Any particular version number I need to look for? (E.g one on eBay new but version 2.0.4 rev 14 , 2017)

Sponsored Links
Many years ago someone once mentioned this on the Texecom forum and cant remember the outcome.

if your buying on eBay buy from a reputable source like Powersaver or other distributors on their although they are probably cheaper direct. There may even have been a thread on here years ago.

if Texecom still do there yellow price tag dates you will find this on the transformer and that date is 6 months in front so yellow stick says 02/05/2017.

the labels serial number I have in the equipment for playing with is 1644000XX so back end of 2016 week 44 YYWW wrt to the label and warranty start and as far as I recall that hasn't changed.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back