Texecom PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

After some Texecom support following on from moving a PIR.

We’re having the builder take out a wall next week and attached to this wall was a PIR. I removed the screw, removed the cover and triggered the tamper which of course I turned off at the panel by entering my code.

I then accidentally dropped the sensor and the battery popped out. I put it back in, it started flashing but then stopped (which I thought was good!)

I put the sensor on a new wall, put the cover back on and screwed it in.

Now, when I do a walk test this sensor is not being triggered for some reason, however when I remove the cover it triggers the tamper so must be connected to the system somehow. Just to add, I tried to trigger the alarm once I set it, this sensor failed but the others are still fine.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Just to add, the sensor is listed as “secure” when checking the status?

sounds like its not changing state.

I would wait with 5 minutes clear after starting walk test, before walking in front of it.

if that doesn't work check that its mounted correctly and the mesh has been reestablished due to detector move.

Test again as previous, if still no, check your signal strength in ricochet diagnostics.

sounds like its not changing state.

I would wait with 5 minutes clear after starting walk test, before walking in front of it.

if that doesn't work check that its mounted correctly and the mesh has been reestablished due to detector move.

Test again as previous, if still no, check your signal strength in ricochet diagnostics.

Thanks for your response, I have left the sensor in place overnight and will walk test later today with the hope that leaving it "still" for 12 hours gives it time to "reset".

How would I check signal strength without the engineer code?

Appreciate your support.

Sponsored Links
don't believe you can without the engineers mode, you may also need to re establish the mesh.

this may allow the sensor to bounce a signal off another device.

don't believe you can without the engineers mode, you may also need to re establish the mesh.

this may allow the sensor to bounce a signal off another device.

Thanks for the help. I tried to walk test again and nothing still, it's as if everything else is fine but the sensor just isn't working!

I have emailed Texecom support to see if they can assist.

Out of interest, what is the going rate for a standard PIR to be added to my system?

cant comment without data to tell you what is going on.

As for prices, depends on where you live, price of device plus minimum time.

Unlike other wireless systems there is a comissioning mode which adds time.
It maybe the location you placed the detector isnt suitable........ but cant say with any certainty as theres no info to confirm anything.

cant comment without data to tell you what is going on.

As for prices, depends on where you live, price of device plus minimum time.

Unlike other wireless systems there is a comissioning mode which adds time.
It maybe the location you placed the detector isnt suitable........ but cant say with any certainty as theres no info to confirm anything.

Appreciate your help and advice, many thanks.

The engineer is coming out today to take a look.

Just to follow up on this, the engineer came out and concluded that I hadn’t put the battery back in the PIR correctly. I disagreed and he tinkered about on the panel and got it working.

He done the following at the panel; what does it mean?

ZONE 013 Tamper

REARM LOCK 013

ZONE 013 Restore

User000 Engineer

User000 Engineer

PROG. START

User000 Engineer

PROG. END

User000 Engineer

PROG. START

PROG. END

But the tamper goes off once the lid is removed, and the LED flashed upon inserting the battery!?

you say its working.....

they tell you battery was wrong way around

looks like battery was put back in, tamper activated several times, lock out (3 is the rearm lock default)

to be fair, its almost impossible for an outsider to say for certain without seeing more data. no idea what the programming was or wasn't without seeing before and after.

Thanks for the responses, people like you make forums like this.

It’s working now; just unsure what he did that I didn’t that’s all! Not convinced it was the battery as tamper always went off and LED was on.

I guess I’ll take this one on the chin; I hate not knowing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back