texecom pirs not triggering alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, recently fitted a texecom 48w wireless system, with 3 pir, 1 door and sounder all wireless. A few hiccups on the install but all resolved apart from the last one. Everything is 'connected' bell test walk test done and fine, however when I then arm the system the pirs don't trigger the alarm. The door contact is fine, but struggle to get any sensor to activate. The alarm was left armed for a couple of minutes before trying to trigger it.

Should they be left longer or should I be looking for another reason? Sensors are in top corner of rooms, on window wall facing into room, about 8 1/2 ft high.

Any help gratefully rcd. thanks

Sponsored Links
Will have to go and check, they haven't been changed from default settings, and I only checked that they were set as guards, as 1 pir is the entry route so needed setting to entry/exit. Will post again later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back