Texecom Prem 48 - Entry/Exit tone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Texecom Prem 48 has started sounding a tone each time the door is opened even when it isn't armed or in the process of arming.

It started after I changed the battery over & suspect I've accidentally set a parameter.

Anyone familiar with these that can tell me which parameter I should be looking at to switch the tone off?

Sponsored Links
Hmmm.

if it is a chime, press chime on the keypad, did it stop?

A little lost how changing a battery affected the door opening and getting a chime (think this is what your getting.)

Thanks.

Didn't see the "Chime" button :oops:

Only link with the battery change is me pressing lots of buttons logging in as the engineer & clearing the logs etc - must have hit the chime button which I didn't even know was there.

Anyway, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
It is common for people to press the chime by mistake, to take it off so you cant turn it on by mistake (pressing chime button) you have to turn the chime off in zone setup.

Eng code,
type zone number,
press yes until you get to chime,
press no until it says silent press yes,
then menu menu 0 yes

Or go in as Master User, Menu, yes, scroll to Edit Chime zones and you can turn the chime off there. just press no to change the option then exit the menu.

This is the same for all premier panels and elite panels, the old 24 is only different in the engineers mode wher attibutes 1 controls the chime, (6) chime 1,(7)chime 2, nothing selected is chime off.

but if that worries you pressing chime is the simpliest option, to turn chime on or off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back