Texecom Prem Elite 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Quick run down, swapped a prem 24 for a new Elite 48 panel. I installed the old one and the new one and have now run into a few issues and this forum came up time and time again in google.

First issue, When trying to arm the system, I arm using full, part 1,2,3 and had auto yes and quick arm enabled. I have yet to get the old style Part Arm setup but have got zone a b c & d setup. I have now got it setup roughly how I want.

The issue is when armed even just using a single zone, it arms, but triggering the zone does not casue an alarm, issue or count down. Any one able to shed some light on this?

Secondly, is it possbile to use the old style part arm system 1 2 3 not the new Zone A B C D ??

Thridly, odd issue. Straight swap one of one with the panels and zones that previously worked and configured the same now don't work??! I am not to worried I will fix it, just wondering if I am missing something obvious!

Anyway if there is something need to know, please ask. Otherwise - Thanks for reading and in advance, MASSIVE thanks if you post a reply as well!!

Cheers Si

Sponsored Links
Yes it can be programmed the same as the 24 , you now have extra areas don't bother with the other areas set all to A , this is all going to depend on what you have altered on he programming , are you using wintex to program the system ? As programming from the keypad is a bind !

firstly they are not quite a straight swap from a premier 24 to a premier 48.

From an elite 24 to an elite 48 then its pretty much a straight swap with extra areas.

The premier 24 was a little different to the rest of the series and depending on which version of the 640 you had it could have been different again with area profiles rather than areas.

The elites are the same programming throughout with just more areas and a few minor differences.

If youy are part setting and want it to give sound, area options, part arm coms need to be enabled.

The pre Elite 24 allowed you to have seperate arming modes for the different part sets, this is because it didnt have areas.

The elite panels and the premier 48 and above, cant have seperate arming modes for the part set (ie like the premier 24, with out using a fiddle, ouputs and zones, but no real need because of areas)

Need to know exactly what you are looking for to advise on how to translate it from premier 24 to elite/ premier 48 and above.

are you using wintex to program the system ? As programming from the keypad is a bind !

I made a bad mistake just buying a USB lead for Wintex, now buying a COM-IP so I can do the setup more easily, and without having to have the lid off.

Sponsored Links
Hi Sparky / Secureiam.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

@Sparky:- I've tried to set it the same I did with the old prem24. And yes using Wintex!

@Secure:- Thanks for the part coms tip. Think I am trying to set this the same as the old panel, using part arm 1 for night mode for example. Am I to assume this now would be Zone A - night mode now?

Presently I can not get it to even arm fully using just zone1 door mag as an exit trigger!

It's getting to the point I'm happy to cough for the help!

It has the current firmware flashed. Com-IP attached and a COM-GSM as well as the onboard DigiCom. All zones bar 2 are not set and just simply can not figure this one out!

The old Perm24 was dead simple! Done loads of panels over the yrs and this seems to have stumped me!

Cheers

Where are you in Nottingham ? What happen when you try to set it ? Is it set to entry/ exit ( final door set ) ? Change to timed... Post some screen shots of wintex , there are quiet a few options on the 48 that you won't need to be ticked !

Not really is the answer to part night and area a.

You can still part set the system you just cant choose separate arming modes for the part sets 1 2 or 3.

Areas are areas they are not the same as part sets, you can part set individual areas, but you cant change the arming mode of that part set.

so for example to part set 1 zones in area A, just select part 1 in wintex against that zone and the zone will be omitted in that part set.

however if the user has access to areas A and B for example and they part set, areas a and b would be part set as part set 1.

If you struggling, give us a buzz after 14:00 today and can discuss what you want and how to achieve it and sort it out from there.

Doing well I think.

Outstanding issues:-

Can not figure out part alarm. part art, yes to part 1, and not got the timer setup and can not find it! part 1 instant, with arming tones for example.

Lastly will be the comGSM - not to worried right now, but for the life of me, it keeps failing. just says inistalising and reseting and then flags up a fault. test call seems to fail and does not send SMS now!

Cheers all! Si

Post some screen shots from wintex , problem is if you have altered loads of setting that are not needed it may be all sorts of issues ! Com gsm what SIM card do you have in it ?

there is no part timer it follows the area timer I think from memory, you can opt for instant and or silent but that will do for any part in the areass assigned.

it isnt like the pre elite 24 .

sounds like you card isn't active or has any credit, if its not set up correctly you don't get a fail message. But you do get other messages so the specific message may help identify the issue.

There are 3 things for the gsm programming, the comport set to gsm, the digi enabled in digi options and finally in program digi, sms selected, the telephone numbers programmed in and the gsm selected in the configuration at the end of program digi.

Afternoon :)

@ Sparky, what screens would help the most?

@ Secure, ah ok that kinda exaplnis things, so we talking using areas then more than part arms, use area and zone a for night. Or simply use Zone a as Full and B for night?

View media item 92336 View media item 92337 View media item 92338
Using the Texe ComGSM external add on module - with a standard PAYG sim card, was working and then stopped, on orange and has credit.

Cheers Si

there s only 1 number being dialled ? so dial all numbers does not need to be on.

turn the com300 to not used, theres nothing on, and you just want gsm, not gsm first.

check the credit, had a customer recently were it stopped aftera about a month, he had signed up to a 1 month of unlimited text and data and as a result no texts.

also do you reaklly need all those events, each time the panel arms and disarms, priority alarms, alarms etc.

let us know how you want it to work with parts.

ie on the 24 you had what parts doing what and the zone numbers involved.

What elite software version and what have you got on the gsm dip switches ? The early elite panels didn't bring up tamper on the gsm unit when lid was off it stopped the gsm working ( depending on dip switch setting ) this was changed on later versions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back