Texecom Premier 48 - Exp Bell Tamp 03 & Strobe dim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this setup for 4 years now. It has 4 expanders and 2 keypads.

I've just replaced the generic (non battery) bell box with an Odyssey 5.

I have a tamper fault I can't clear - it is saying Exp Bell Tamp 03 on the display. I did temporarily program the aux input on expander 3 to be a bell tamper zone, but I've now removed that zone in Wintex, and also linked it out.

I have no wireless devices.

The other problem is that when testing the strobe it comes on very dimly. Only just visible in the dark. The Odyssey is set up in SCB mode, but the panel is in SAB mode. If I set the "Bell is SCB" option on the panel, then the bell sounds continuously.

Any pointers appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Reguarding the bell , programming the bell as scb from the panel will make it ring as its negative removed( used for the old Aritech scb units) it needs to be sab , there is no need to set the bell box to scb mode unless you have more than one bellbox.

Ah ok I did read that in the manual, thanks for confirming. I do actually have 2 Odysseys, which will replace the 2 generic bell boxes I had before. The old bells worked fine as SAB with strobe.

I only have the 1 Odyssey connected up at the moment though until I sort these problems.

Anyone any ideas? I can't clear the tamper fault at all. Would a board reset help?

Sponsored Links
pm'd you.

firstly a tamper must be cleared from the system, before you remove the wires or programming.

a bell tamper has one wire connection not 2 so linking out wouldnt help.

if you program to aux tamp and put a link in it, the fault may clear when you come out of engineering.

Do this via the keypad and not Wintex.

When the tamper has cleared, go into engineering, program as not used and then remove the link.

come back of of engineering.

If stuck see the pm (just a more detailed version of the above broken into by steps really), and if that doesn't work give us a shout on Monday as very busy tomorrow so may not be free.

Hi Secureiam, Thanks, that worked a treat. As you say, changing the zone parameters using the keypad and not Wintex worked.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back