Texecom Premier 64-w: Omit area from part set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have installed my Premier 64w-Live panel and richochet devices, including door contacts and PIRs. Everything is working as I want it, apart from:

I would like to have three set modes -

1. Full - This is for when we are out of the house. All PIRs and Door contacts set to Guard, apart from the entry hall PIR and entry door contact set to Guard Access. I get a timer on entry to disable the alarm via the keypad by the front door.

2. Night Part set 1: This mode would be the all perimeter door and window contacts in Guard, All internal PIRs ground floor and upstairs disabled. The front door contact would have a timed entry, to allow for if someone is out late etc.

3. Night Part set 2: This mode would be the same as part set 1, but without the door entry timer. This mode would be for when everyone is home for the night, and we are expecting nobody through the front door.

I have configured the system to provide me with the first two modes.
The 3rd mode has seen me contact Texecom, who advised me that what I want is not possible.

Essentially, what I would like to is to be able to dictate the attributes of a device, based on which alarm is set. As in, the front door contact in modes 1 and 2 would be either 'Entry/Exit' or 'Guard Access', but in mode 3, would be 'Guard'. I understand the system does not allow the changing of attributes in this way.

I then installed another door contact on to the front door with the hopes of the following:
I was hoping to configure one door contact to be configured as a 'Guard Access' or 'Entry/Exit' on full set, but then omitted from part set 3.
The other door contact would be set to 'Guard' but omitted from the 'Full set (or mode 1 as above)as it would trigger instantly upon entry, whilst the other door contact was allowing for a timed entry. I would omit this zone/door contact from every set apart from part set 3.

I cannot find how to do this.
Can anyone tell me how this might be possible? I was wondering whether it would be possible to put the "Guard only" door contact on Area B, and only arm area B on Part set 3, and have area B disabled during all other operations.

Hope the above makes sense....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hmm the way you have written then it couldn't be done.

However.

Area A the house internals and the entry door
Entry door with guard attribute
hallway PIR as guard access (you may want this off from your description so omit1/2 or 3 depending on which part setyou don't want it to work on).
Area B needs to be an instant set and just be your perimeter devices

start with this and then post back if its not exactly what your trying to achieve.

Hi
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I just started messing around with the areas, and then looked at arming suites (which I don't quite understand to be honest)

I made all the devices I want one my mode 1 above on area 1. So that is the timed door contact, guard access hallway PIR, and all internal PIRs and perimeter door and window contacts set to guard.

I set the the timed front door contact with the 'guard access' attribute set, along with all the perimeter devices on area B, which would form my mode 2 above

and then the instant door contact, along with the perimeter door contacts on area C.

So all of the perimeter door and window contacts, are part of Area A, B and C. The front door contacts are either B or C. And the PIRs are all only on Area A

I then attempted to create those modes, using the arming suites. So I created a name for the suite, then set the arming method, and then added the areas to it.

I attempted to arm the system for what I would call Mode 1 (full set), but for some reason area A and area C both attempted to arm, with area A arming on a timed exit, and area C attempting to arm instantly, both at the same time. I then tried to cancel it, for fear of disturbing neighbours at 8:45pm (D'oh) and it would only allow me to unset area A, area C was still trying to set. So I had to remove any mention of area C from Wintex and then re-upload.

I also had to add Area B and C access to my current user, and to the keypad.

Does any of this seem like I'm heading in the right direction? I have lived with this set up before (in Australia), on what I believe what as a hybrid Honeywell system.

Update: having re-read the above, there shouldnt have been any reason why two areas arm at the same time. I figure so long as I add the devices to multiple areas in the 'Zones and Attributes' page, I should only be arming one area at a time, with the arming method of that arming suite determining how the area is armed. It's too late now to be sounding off the bell box to test my theory. I will have to have another go when I get a chance. If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to contribute.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
no one device one AREA.

as for the arming and disarming.
There are lots of things you could do.

You can Area A on E/E arming mode and Area B on instant.
You could also auto rearm, so that if you unset Area B you could have it reset in say 30 minutes.
You can arm them separately if you wanted to or together.....

However you need to start with something close and then look at tweaking if possible to get it as close as you can to what you want.

Why doesn't the system allow you to have zones in multiple areas? Wintex gives you the option to select more than one area on the check box, but the devices assigned to more than one zone only appear to respond in when one area is armed, not the others.
This would solve my problem. I have now installed three separate door contacts on the front door, each with different attributes, and each with different areas. They behave as I want, as I use the arming suites to arm certain areas only (even though physically they are the same space). My issue now is that the remaining perimeter door contacts need to be part of area A, B and C, and behave the same in each area when it is armed. In my case, and use of areas above, no two areas would be armed at the same time, so there shouldn't be a conflict of 'arming' a zone that's already armed. It is quite frustrating, as I know this is possible on a Honeywell system (as it was configured in a house I used to live in to work this way).

I have emailed Texecom support for their thoughts.
Thank you for your help so far.

seriously you have no idea (sorry don't mean to be rude).

Every alarm manufacturer has their own way of functioning to meet a particular set of function which often relate to past and present alarm standards.

The Premier panels other than the Premier 24 and 640 have always had Area's that worked this way and that goes back some years and the Elite panels function the same as each other with the 640 still having a slight variation of the same theme.

Texecom are not there to design your system for you.

You haven't thought this through and are running around aimlessly trying to cobble together something you just do not understand.

I suggest if you want to try and resolve this in a practical way that you pm me and we go through a few things so I can get a better picture of what you actually want to achieve and can advise the best solution to get something close to what you want.

3 different door contacts is silly.

……….………..

consider your perimeter does not need a timed arm, it can be instant and that you can arm it at the same time as another Area wrt to keypad arming, you can also arm the two areas separately.

the third option is you want to part set the system with the door contact becoming a guard zone rather than an e/e and you only need the guard attribute to turn on ( turn nothing else on or off) and as that is a one and you can arm that instantly.

so you have created Area arm suites so you can have different arming modes for your scenarios.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back