Texecom Premier Elite 24-W Kit - setup

yes you will get a warning when the battery reaches a low level.

in the manual it will tell you how to put the bell in hold off mode.

by firing strobe three times you can do this in the test menu by turning strobe on and off 3 three times.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, I'll wait until a warning appears on the keypad before replacing any batteries. Sorry to sound daft but what do you mean by 'firing the strobe' three times, does this mean making the external bell ring three times, can i do that via the bell test?

I saw the same phrase in the manual but don't really know what it means! :confused:

no strobe three times in the same test menu but next option in tests is test strobe, so on off 3 times, then check the led to make sure its in hold off.

Its all in the manual.

Thanks, all working now :D Last question... hopefully!

I've setup the com2400 and was initially getting sms messages upon every arm/disarm etc. I only want to get a sms when the alarm is set off by a sensor being triggered so within the Wintex Com section I've checked only:
- Alarms/Cancels
- Tamper Alarms

I wasn't sure what Priority Alarms/Cancels meant and also assumed that 'Open and Close' wasn't necessary, is this correct?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi Andy,

priority alarms are panics fires etc, alarms are intruder alarms.

open and close sends signals every time the system is set, in the installation manual (on cd supplied with unit) if yo dont have a hard copy of the manual all the terms are explained.

Tests will alow periodic test but will also do walk test etc.

Tampers will show any tampers.

maintenance will show any maintenance type alarms and so on.

If you want just alarms, then make sure thats enabled if you want panic alarms etc make sure the priority alarms are also enabled.

gets expensive doing open and closes.

The alarms been working fine for around 1 month however today I got a battery warning for the external sounder (think I left it in learn mode for too long and ran the battery down - ricochet monitor told me it was low when I fitted it to the wall). I've temporarily disabled battery monitoring as I want to be able to use the alarm while I get some new batteries, is there anything else I should do?

I've currently got a system alert on the keypad screen which also says I need to get an engineer to reset the system. I tried logging in as the engineer but I'm not sure how to do an engineer reset, plenty references in the manual but don't see the actual steps to follow :confused:

Thanks

just go into engineering press reset to come out, if it persists let us know.

how long before you get the replacement?

Thanks, I just tried entering the engineer code which took me into the main menus, then pressed reset button but it didn't seem to change anything. If I don't stay logged in as the engineer then the keypad beeps regularly with the battery warning, also I can't set the alarm as due to the zone being in error.

Should only be a few days for the batteries to arrive though probably won't get them fitted until the weekend :cry:

okay so its still seeing the fault

the battery monitoring in monitor hardware isnt for wireles devices its for the panel battery.

we need to disable the bell.

Now not had this before as they haven't been out very long.

First we can try removing the area that the bell is assigned to, no area no reporting, or we remove it from the system full stop.

when you try to arm does it say arm with faults ?

when you say learn mode do you mean commissioning mode?

As once its learned on thats it learn over, however comissioning mode is establishing the mesh network.

you could put the bell into hold off mode, but for it stay in hold off /longer than the 20 minutes you would need to keep it in tamper.

Not sure what this would do to the battery status though as not had a low batt on one of these yet.

get some lithium AA batteries from the local shop, Boots and Tesco do sell them but they probably won't be cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back