Texecom Premier Elite 64-W "Charger Fault" error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I keep getting the same error showing on my Texecom system, I installed it in April 19 so I am surprised it is already having issues.
The error on screen is Charger Fault.
If I log in using Wintex, I can see loads of Charger Fault messages in the log starting on 5/8/22 so it is a relatively new problem.
I have tried logging into the keypad, pressing re-set and re-entering my pin code. It clears it but next time you go back, the error is there again.

I tried shutting off the mains to the panel today and it continued to run but just showed the Main AC Alarm on the keypad instead. Once I cleared that fault, within a few hours, the Charger Fault error was back.

I am assuming either the battery or the PSU could be faulty but can't understand how it works when on mains and continues to work if I shut off the power from the fused spur. If there was a genuine fault, surely the panel would lose power?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You shouldn't have to buy or exchange your power supply. Since Texecom went on to the elite range they have problem after problem with PSU's, software bugs,smart com issues. .
You never get a straight answer just quick fixes. It's about time they got their act together.

Thanks for the posts guys. Just emailed them now. Never had this issue before, but had so many issues with the SmartCom coming off of network. It is hardwired on ethernet, been an absoloute pain. Last time I spoke to them, they said there was another firmware update, ever since I applied that, it has worked like a dream.

Did you ever find the problem?
I am having similar issues. Started off with the daily 'Charger fault' message (when it does its 24 check) but having replaced both the battery and the PSU ~I am still having problems. Seems the board supplies too much current to the battery causing a PSU fault (overcurrent) and charger error.
I'm starting to suspect the main board as this is ultimately responsible for the charging circuit and limiting the charge current to the battery - a 12v 7ah pd battery (new, with good IR) can easily pull a couple of amps if supplied with 13.7v directly!
Mine is a 48-w so no longer available. Looks like I'm going to have to get the 64-w as a replacement anyway.
Unless anyone has fixed this before? I single point of failure on the board somewhere in the charging/current limiting circuit??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back